An award? What? Me? But how?
I actually had to look the word up. Liebster; German for kindest, sweetest, favorite, preferred above others … you get the idea. So either I was the sweetest, or the nominating blogger was the sweetest. I’m not sure.
With any award (I assume) there are rules. One of the rules is that the rules be posted in the acceptance post.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Comment on one of their posts to let them know of their nomination. These bloggers must have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions the person who nominated you created. Then make eleven questions of your own for your nominees. You may use the same questions.
- Lastly, copy these rules in the post.
So, thank you Cathy. I’m not sure what I did to deserve an award for being the sweetest … just ask my kids, they’ll tell you.
Cathy’s questions for me:
What’s one thing that you love, but most people wouldn’t associate with you?
I love construction work. I love the smell. I love sweating when working hard. Laying tile, hanging sheetrock, running electrical, duct work, caulking …
If you had a chance to travel anywhere, all expenses paid, where would it be and why?
Anywhere? As in one place? I don’t know. Spain maybe for the food. Belgium for the beer. Switzerland for the cheese. France for the pastries and fruit. And everywhere in between. Hmm, I notice a pattern here.
What is one thing you’ve always wanted to do, but have been afraid to or just have not had the resources to do?
… Sky diving …
What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
I have four children – four juices
The thought of a doppio gets me out of bed in the am
What was your favorite childhood book?
I don’t know if I could choose a favorite. I loved reading as a child. I am glad that at least my oldest has inherited that trait.
What advice would you give to your younger self?
Travel. Stay single longer and travel.
Listen to your parents. They kind of know what they are talking about.
What’s your favourite post you’ve written so far?
I’ve only begun this blog. But my favorite of all time was last year during the Blogging 101 a story with a prompt regarding a red sweater (i think it was a sweater) That blog has since been deleted.
Do you have any weird talents? If so, what are they?
I have this weird talent of having children. I have about 15 … it seems at times.
What is the last meal you ate?
Dinner: Chicken tenders, onions, carrots, celery with seasonings all in the crockpot on a bed of basmati rice.
What is your first memory?
Perhaps my first memory is when I was about 20 months old running through the house taking a diaper to my mother for my sister.
Name 3-5 positive facts about someone you really detest.
Ooooh, well … my bio mom has been married 8 times (last I spoke to her) so I could say she is persistent, does not give up easily. She gave me the best sister in the world.
So now for my nominations. I don’t know many here, and so it seems weird for me to be nominating a stranger for a sweetest, kindest, favorite, preferred above all else award. But I guess that’s not the whole point of this, is it? I guess it is to get to know the person behind the screen (deep analytical music playing in the back ground … because that’s a thing)
- This girl for sure The Shortest Never Ending Story
- Feels for this one Leumom
- This one for tugging my heart strings MilKids
- Laughs are a guarantee here James Proclaims
- This one for just being so darn cute Urban Farm House
Now to come up with some really good questions!!!!
- How would you describe the perfect day?
- Why did you begin blogging? And has that purpose changed any to date?
- When you see the scene of this world changing so drastically, do you feel hopeful or doubtful?
- What was your favorite song your senior year of high school?
- What advice would you give your younger self?
- If YOU could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would it be and why?
- What is your special talent no one knows about?
- Coffee or tea? With or without cream?
- What is your dream job?
- What makes a good friend a great friend?
- What was your favorite movie growing up?
WOW!!! I didn’t think i could come up with 11 questions. I actually started typing one of them twice!! But there you are.
Look forward to getting to know you all.